It’s March, which means people all over the country — particularly those in the northern states — are escaping the cold to hit the beach. Travel insurance provider Allianz Global Assistance recently released a list of the most popular spring break destinations for 2017. Surprising no one, warm-weather locales such as Orlando, Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Fort Lauderdale led the way. If you’re one of millions planning a trip for some sunshine this month, it’s time to start packing.
Here’s what you need:
- Plenty of sunscreen: Nobody wants to look like a lobster on the first day of vacation!
- A hat: Keep the sun out of your eyes, and look good doing it.
- A good book: Kick back and relax!
- High-quality headphones: Drift away with some good music (or, if you’re looking to start a party on the beach, bring a bluetooth speaker).
- A volleyball, frisbee, or a set of golf clubs: Have some fun in the sun!
- A solar-powered battery pack: Soak up the rays to keep your devices charged.
Heading into the cold, instead? You’re not alone: Denver and Salt Lake City also ranked high on the list of popular spring break destinations, as they provide a great opportunity for skiing on fresh snow in mild temperatures.
Cold weather packing list:
- A good pair of boots: Keep your feet warm and dry. Trust us on this one. Uggs are popular for a reason!
- A warm sweatshirt: Layer up!
- A deck of cards: There’s nothing like a game of cards for some good, old-fashioned, indoor fun.
- A bluetooth neckband: Listen to music and take calls, hands-free, from the top of the mountain all the way down to the ski lodge.
- A heavy supply of coffee and hot chocolate: You can’t beat a warm drink on a cold day.
- A rugged phone case: Even the most experienced skiers take a tumble from time to time. Make sure your mobile device is protected.
ToughTested products have IP ratings to be water, dust, and sweat resistant, so your equipment will be up to the task in any environment, from the ocean to the mountains. Wherever you go, don’t forget to bring charging cables to keep all of your devices powered.
Now that you know what to bring, you’re probably wondering how to pack it all up. Don’t worry — we’ve got you covered there, too. Safe travels!